The Perfect Life Insurance Agent Resume Writing Tips
Do you want to apply for a Life Insurance Agent position to help you get closer to your career goals? Applying for jobs on Seek, LinkedIn, and other job boards can be a time-consuming process, however, to streamline the process, you can ensure your resume writing helps you to stand out from the crowd, and your online profile helps you to get an interview!
If a recruiter or hiring manager are looking for a Life Insurance Agent, they are searching for specific transferable skills. With less than ten people being interviewed for the job and hundreds of people, just like you, applying, The Perfect Resume team have created Resume Writing Tips to help you stand out from the others.
What do recruiters look for in a Life Insurance Agent resume or an online profile?
Tailoring your resume to a Life Insurance Agent position is mandatory today to ensure that your application will pass Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS). In doing so, your resume will be read by the prospective employer. Then, fingers crossed, you will be shortlisted as a potential candidate and be called for not one, but multiple job interviews!
Firstly, before you apply to be a Life Insurance Agent, you need to be acquainted with what a Life Insurance Agent does!
Life Insurance Agents handle the intermediary services between the client and the insurance company.
Hiring Managers are looking for a licensed Life Insurance Agent to assist in selling policies that pay the insured amount to beneficiaries upon the insured's death.
To be successful as a Life Insurance Agent, you should have knowledge of necessary Insurance procedures, be open to learning, and have strong communication skills. Ultimately, a quality Life Insurance Agent should be able to achieve high level of customer service and expansion of the customer database.
Knowing this, your resume and online profile should include the hard and soft skills that the recruiter or hiring manager is looking for in a candidate.
The Life Insurance Agent position description template will also contain pivotal information about what the candidate will need to do daily. Such as:
• Providing advice to clients and recommending insurance products.
• Providing intermediary services between insurance companies and clients.
• Providing good customer service to maintain and retain clients.
• Expanding customer base.
• Interviewing prospective clients to gather data about them.
• Selling life policies that payout on death.
• Selling annuities that pay an income at retirement.
• Analysing the client’s current portfolios and make recommendations.
• Assisting clients during the claims process.
• Maintaining electronic and paper records.
Monitoring and maintaining the media budget.Creativity in securing coverage and buzz with traditional outlets. position description will also have some requirements and personal attributes that you will need to demonstrate in your resume to ensure your potential employer will take your application seriously:
• Degree or diploma in financial services or related.
• Must be licensed in the state where you work.
• Accredited with the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA).
• Possess excellent communication skills.
• Display good analytical skills.
• Provide excellent customer service.
• Possess excellent selling skills.
You may also want to do some industry research to find out what other companies want in their Life Insurance Agents.