Do you want to apply for a Marketing Coordinator position to help you get closer to your career goals? Applying for jobs on Seek, LinkedIn, and other job boards can be a time-consuming process, however, to streamline the process, you can ensure your resume writing helps you to stand out from the crowd, and your online profile helps you to get an interview!
If a recruiter or hiring manager are looking for a Marketing Coordinator, they are searching for specific transferable skills. With less than ten people being interviewed for the job and hundreds of people, just like you, applying, The Perfect Resume team have created Resume Writing Tips to help you stand out from the others.
What do recruiters look for in a Marketing Coordinator resume or an online profile?
Tailoring your resume to a Marketing Coordinator position is mandatory today to ensure that your application will pass Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS). In doing so, your resume will be read by the prospective employer. Then, fingers crossed, you will be shortlisted as a potential candidate and be called for not one, but multiple job interviews!
Firstly, before you apply to be a Marketing Coordinator, you need to be acquainted with what a Marketing Coordinator does!
Marketing Coordinators handle the marketing activities and initiatives of an organisation.
Hiring Managers are looking for a detail-oriented Marketing Coordinator to assist in conducting market research, creating promotional campaigns, identifying target audiences and evaluating current trends.
To be successful as a Marketing Coordinator, you should have knowledge of necessary Marketing and Communications procedures, be open to learning, and have strong communication skills. Ultimately, a quality Marketing Coordinator should be able to achieve consistent brand voice across all marketing activities and exhibit critical thinking skills, strong problem-solving skills and meticulous attention to detail.
Knowing this, your resume and online profile should include the hard and soft skills that the recruiter or hiring manager is looking for in a candidate.
The Marketing Coordinator position description template will also contain pivotal information about what the candidate will need to do daily. Such as:
• Develop strategic marketing initiatives and activities.
• Implement marketing plans that include print, broadcast and online content.
• Create branded advertising campaigns, and support the marketing and design teams by coordinating and collating content.
• Setup tracking systems for marketing campaigns and online activities.
• Conduct market research to identify marketing opportunities and negotiate media coverage.
• Traffic all advertising efforts to appropriate channels.
• Develop and manage all internal communication systems.
• Create, maintain and strengthen the organization’s overall brand through all media avenues.
• Organize and streamline service offerings into user-friendly concepts.
• Manage print contractors and other promotional vendors.
You will also have some requirements and personal attributes that you will need to demonstrate in your resume to ensure your potential employer will take your application seriously, such as:
• Bachelors degree in marketing/communications or related (essential).
• Two years of experience in content management, creative writing, advertising concepts and media negotiations.
• Critical thinker with strong problem-solving and research proficiencies.
• Ability to comprehend and interpret competitor strategies and consumer behavior.
• Expert knowledge of Content Management Systems (CMS).
• Ability to gather large amounts of data and convert it into meaningful analysis.
• Solid organizational skills and detail oriented.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
• Creative mind with superb written and verbal communication skills.
You may also want to do some industry research to find out what other companies want in their Marketing Coordinators.