Do you want to apply for a Marketing Intern position to help you get closer to your career goals? Applying for jobs on Seek, LinkedIn, and other job boards can be a time-consuming process, however, to streamline the process, you can ensure your resume writing helps you to stand out from the crowd, and your online profile helps you to get an interview!
If a recruiter or hiring manager are looking for a Marketing Intern, they are searching for specific transferable skills. With less than ten people being interviewed for the job and hundreds of people, just like you, applying, The Perfect Resume team have created Resume Writing Tips to help you stand out from the others.
What do recruiters look for in a Marketing Intern resume or an online profile?
Tailoring your resume to a Marketing Intern position is mandatory today to ensure that your application will pass Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS). In doing so, your resume will be read by the prospective employer. Then, fingers crossed, you will be shortlisted as a potential candidate and be called for not one, but multiple job interviews! Firstly, before you apply to be a Marketing Intern, you need to be acquainted with what a Marketing Intern does!
Marketing Interns handle the management of marketing operations under the supervision of a marketing manager.
Hiring Managers are looking for a self-motivated Marketing Intern to assist in preparing proposals, hosting events, and researching marketing trends.
To be successful as a Marketing Intern, you should have knowledge of necessary Marketing and Communications procedures, be open to learning, and have strong communication skills. Ultimately, a quality Marketing Intern should be able to achieve a career in social media and content marketing and prepare engaging presentations. Knowing this, your resume and online profile should include the hard and soft skills that the recruiter or hiring manager is looking for in a candidate.
The Marketing Intern position description template will also contain pivotal information about what the candidate will need to do daily. Such as:
• Perform market analysis and research on the latest trends.
• Assist with daily administrative duties.
• Design and present new social media campaign ideas.
• Monitor all social media platforms for trending news, ideas, and feedback.
• Prepare detailed promotional presentations.
• Help with the planning and hosting of marketing events.
• Research and evaluate competitor marketing and digital content.
• Contribute to the creation of mock-ups, email campaigns, and social media content. You will also have some requirements and personal attributes that you will need to demonstrate in your resume to ensure your potential employer will take your application seriously, such as:
• Current enrollment in an undergraduate course for marketing, communications or similar field.
• Familiarity with marketing computer software and social media platforms.
• Good understanding of the latest marketing trends and techniques.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must have a passion for marketing.
• Outstanding multitasking abilities.
You may also want to do some industry research to find out what other companies want in their Marketing Interns.