Do you want to apply for a Media Planner position to help you get closer to your career goals? Applying for jobs on Seek, LinkedIn, and other job boards can be a time-consuming process, however, to streamline the process, you can ensure your resume writing helps you to stand out from the crowd, and your online profile helps you to get an interview!
If a recruiter or hiring manager are looking for a Media Planner, they are searching for specific transferable skills. With less than ten people being interviewed for the job and hundreds of people, just like you, applying, The Perfect Resume team have created Resume Writing Tips to help you stand out from the others.
Tailoring your resume to a Media Planner position is mandatory today to ensure that your application will pass Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS). In doing so, your resume will be read by the prospective employer. Then, fingers crossed, you will be shortlisted as a potential candidate and be called for not one, but multiple job interviews!
Firstly, before you apply to be a Media Planner, you need to be acquainted with what a Media Planner does!
Media Planners handle the market research and develops effective marketing campaigns for businesses and advertisement agencies.
Hiring Managers are looking for a highly-analytical Media Planner to assist in analysing target audiences, managing campaign budgets, and evaluating campaign performance.
To be successful as a Media Planner, you should have knowledge of necessary Marketing and Communications procedures, be open to learning, and have strong communication skills. Ultimately, a quality Media Planner should be able to achieve increased amount of brand awareness, customer loyalty and enhance our media marketing campaign's effectiveness.
Knowing this, your resume and online profile should include the hard and soft skills that the recruiter or hiring manager is looking for in a candidate.
The Media Planner position description template will also contain pivotal information about what the candidate will need to do daily. Such as:
• Research and evaluate market data.
• Oversee campaign budgets and negotiate costs for features such as advertising room and social media campaigns.
• Supervise the implementation of media campaigns.
• Identify target audiences and analyze their behavior, characteristics, and routines.
• Choose the best media outlet combination for different campaigns.
• Prepare and present campaign proposals to clients.
• Monitor media trends of all outlets including magazines, blogs, and movies.
• Assess the success of media advertising plans and campaigns.
• Proofread all advertisements and marketing campaigns before release.
You will also have some requirements and personal attributes that you will need to demonstrate in your resume to ensure your potential employer will take your application seriously, such as:
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing or relevant field.
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a media planner or similar role.
• Excellent knowledge of analytics tools and campaign evaluation metrics.
• An analytical mind with a creative eye.
• Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
• Must be able to work well within a team.
You may also want to do some industry research to find out what other companies want in their Media Planners.