The Perfect MRI Technologist Resume Writing Tips
Do you want to apply for a MRI Technologist position to help you get closer to your career goals? Applying for jobs on Seek, LinkedIn, and other job boards can be a time-consuming process, however, to streamline the process, you can ensure your resume writing helps you to stand out from the crowd, and your online profile helps you to get an interview!
If a recruiter or hiring manager are looking for a MRI Technologist, they are searching for specific transferable skills. With less than ten people being interviewed for the job and hundreds of people, just like you, applying, The Perfect Resume team have created Resume Writing Tips to help you stand out from the others.
What do recruiters look for in a MRI Technologist resume or an online profile?
Tailoring your resume to a MRI Technologist position is mandatory today to ensure that your application will pass Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS). In doing so, your resume will be read by the prospective employer. Then, fingers crossed, you will be shortlisted as a potential candidate and be called for not one, but multiple job interviews!
Firstly, before you apply to be a MRI Technologist, you need to be acquainted with what a MRI Technologist does!
MRI Technologists handle the MRI scanners to take images of patients' bodies for diagnostic testing.
Hiring Managers are looking for a detail-orientated and highly analytical MRI Technologist to assist in operating MRI equipment and creating scans as per the physicians' directions, screening patients and explaining procedures to them, and inspecting and troubleshooting equipment.
To be successful as a MRI Technologist, you should have knowledge of necessary healthcare and medical procedures, be open to learning, and have strong communication skills. Ultimately, a high performing MRI Technologist should be able to achieve clear images and provide accurate diagnoses for patients conditions.
Knowing this, your resume and online profile should include the hard and soft skills that the recruiter or hiring manager is looking for in a candidate.
The MRI Technologist position description template will also contain pivotal information about what the candidate will need to do daily. Such as:
• Analyzing patient histories and completing screenings for pacemakers and injuries where metal objects were involved.
• Preparing and administering contrast dyes.
• Addressing patients’ concerns and ensuring that they are comfortable and calm during scans.
• Performing regular inspections of the MRI equipment and machines, and scheduling maintenance and repairs as needed.
• Positioning the patients and completing MRI scans according to the physicians' specifications.
• Ensuring that the MRI rooms are kept clean, tidy, and safe at all times.
• Training junior MRI Technologists and providing support to new staff.
• Writing reports and escalating any problems to the relevant stakeholders.
• Carrying out quality assurance procedures and implementing improvements as required.
You will also have some requirements and personal attributes that you will need to demonstrate in your resume to ensure your potential employer will take your application seriously, such as:
• An associate’s degree or equivalent.
• A bachelor’s degree may be advantageous.
• A valid license and certification may be required.
• Strong analytical, mathematical, and observational skills.
• Self-starter with good time management skills.
• The ability to follow instructions in stressful environments.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Superb bedside manner and the ability to work with a number of different people.
You may also want to do some industry research to find out what other companies want in their MRI Technologists.