Do you want to apply for an Online Marketing Executive position to help you get closer to your career goals? Applying for jobs on Seek, LinkedIn, and other job boards can be a time-consuming process, however, to streamline the process, you can ensure your resume writing helps you to stand out from the crowd, and your online profile helps you to get an interview!
If a recruiter or hiring manager are looking for an Online Marketing Executive, they are searching for specific transferable skills. With less than ten people being interviewed for the job and hundreds of people, just like you, applying, The Perfect Resume team have created Resume Writing Tips to help you stand out from the others.
What do recruiters look for in an Online Marketing Executive resume or an online profile?Tailoring your resume to an Online Marketing Executive position is mandatory today to ensure that your application will pass Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS). In doing so, your resume will be read by the prospective employer. Then, fingers crossed, you will be shortlisted as a potential candidate and be called for not one, but multiple job interviews!
Firstly, before you apply to be an Online Marketing Executive, you need to be acquainted with what an Online Marketing Executive does!
Online Marketing Executives handle the brand with customers or clients through the internet.
Hiring Managers are looking for a results-driven Online Marketing Executive to assist in establishing and maintaining an online presence for an organisation.
To be successful as an Online Marketing Executive, you should have knowledge of necessary Marketing and Communications procedures, be open to learning, and have strong communication skills. Ultimately, a quality Online Marketing Executive should be able to achieve powerful marketing strategy and optimise online presence to increase sales.
Knowing this, your resume and online profile should include the hard and soft skills that the recruiter or hiring manager is looking for in a candidate.
The Online Marketing Executive position description template will also contain pivotal information about what the candidate will need to do daily. Such as:
• Managing PPC campaigns, monitoring reports, and ROI.
• Writing SEO copy for the website.
• Measuring the performance of campaigns through web analytics tools (Google Analytics, WebTrends, etc.).
• Managing and updating social media platforms.
• Keeping up-to-date with trends in social media.
• Creating innovative content.
• Overseeing the company's email marketing campaigns.
You will also have some requirements and personal attributes that you will need to demonstrate in your resume to ensure your potential employer will take your application seriously, such as:
• Marketing or communications related degree.
• Proven working experience as an online marketing executive.
• Broad experience with SEO and PPC.
• Understanding of digital marketing concepts.
• Knowledge of web analytics tools.
• Content and creative writing skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
You may also want to do some industry research to find out what other companies want in their Online Marketing Executives.