Do you want to apply for an Online Marketing Manager position to help you get closer to your career goals? Applying for jobs on Seek, LinkedIn, and other job boards can be a time-consuming process, however, to streamline the process, you can ensure your resume writing helps you to stand out from the crowd, and your online profile helps you to get an interview!
If a recruiter or hiring manager are looking for an Online Marketing Manager, they are searching for specific transferable skills. With less than ten people being interviewed for the job and hundreds of people, just like you, applying, The Perfect Resume team have created Resume Writing Tips to help you stand out from the others.
What do recruiters look for in an Online Marketing Manager resume or an online profile?
Tailoring your resume to an Online Marketing Manager position is mandatory today to ensure that your application will pass Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS). In doing so, your resume will be read by the prospective employer. Then, fingers crossed, you will be shortlisted as a potential candidate and be called for not one, but multiple job interviews!
Firstly, before you apply to be an Online Marketing Manager, you need to be acquainted with what an Online Marketing Manager does!
Online Marketing Managers handle the sales and marketing team and promotion of new and existing company products or services.
Hiring Managers are looking for a results-driven Online Marketing Manager to assist in generating brand awareness and implementing online marketing strategies.
To be successful as an Online Marketing Manager, you should have knowledge of necessary Marketing and Communications procedures, be open to learning, and have strong communication skills. Ultimately, a quality Online Marketing Manager should be able to achieve increased volume of website traffic and an uplift in sales.
Knowing this, your resume and online profile should include the hard and soft skills that the recruiter or hiring manager is looking for in a candidate.
The Online Marketing Manager position description template will also contain pivotal information about what the candidate will need to do daily. Such as:
• Meeting with the sales and marketing team to discuss digital marketing strategies.
• Designing and implementing online marketing strategies across all digital platforms.
• Managing the company’s social media platform and web advertising.
• Developing social media strategies.
• Identifying the latest trends and technology within the industry.
• Analyzing site traffic including click navigation, shopping patterns, and purchase conversion.
• Assessing the online user experience and developing strategies to increase NPS.
• Maintaining customer communications with weekly reports, news articles, and industry guides.
• Monitoring and maintaining the media budget.
• Preparing and presenting digital marketing reports.
You will also have some requirements and personal attributes that you will need to demonstrate in your resume to ensure your potential employer will take your application seriously, such as:
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or related field.
• Previous experience as an online marketing manager.
• In-depth knowledge of digital marketing techniques.
• Experience with social media networking and advertising.
• Knowledge of digital marketing tools, SEO best practices, and brand exposure techniques.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Advanced project-management skills.
• Knowledge of the latest technology and trends within the industry.
• Good interpersonal skills.
You may also want to do some industry research to find out what other companies want in their Online Marketing Managers.