Do you want to apply for an Operations Assistant position to help you get closer to your career goals? Applying for jobs on Seek, LinkedIn, and other job boards can be a time-consuming process, however, to streamline the process, you can ensure your resume writing helps you to stand out from the crowd, and your online profile helps you to get an interview!
If a recruiter or hiring manager are looking for an Operations Assistant, they are searching for specific transferable skills. With less than ten people being interviewed for the job and hundreds of people, just like you, applying, The Perfect Resume team have created Resume Writing Tips to help you stand out from the others.
What do recruiters look for in an Operations Assistant resume or an online profile?
Tailoring your resume to an Operations Assistant position is mandatory today to ensure that your application will pass Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS). In doing so, your resume will be read by the prospective employer. Then, fingers crossed, you will be shortlisted as a potential candidate and be called for not one, but multiple job interviews!
Firstly, before you apply to be an Operations Assistant, you need to be acquainted with what an Operations Assistant does!
Operations Assistants handle the administrative tasks such as making phone calls, providing customer support, and completing paperwork.
Hiring Managers are looking for a highly organised and self-motivated Operations Assistant to assist in reporting directly to the manager, fulfilling the Manager's duties in their absence, being well-versed in internal operations, taking minutes at meetings, forwarding and distribute mail as required, preparing and filing relevant documents.
To be successful as an Operations Assistant, you should have knowledge of necessary corporate procedures, be open to learning, and have strong communication skills. Ultimately, a high performing Operations Assistant should be able to achieve timely completion of tasks and efficient business functions.
Knowing this, your resume and online profile should include the hard and soft skills that the recruiter or hiring manager is looking for in a candidate.
The Operations Assistant position description template will also contain pivotal information about what the candidate will need to do daily. Such as:
• Acting as second-in-command to the manager, and taking care of all duties in their absence.
• Assisting the Manager with operational issues.
• Scheduling meetings and team building sessions as required.
• Promptly answering the questions of staff and other stakeholders.
• Providing excellent customer service and maintaining relationships with vendors.
• Preparing and filing forms and other documents.
• Assisting with recruitment and onboarding processes.
• Taking inventory and ordering office supplies as needed.
• Updating logs and order forms.
• Analysing all operations and forwarding suggestions for improvement to the Manager.
You will also have some requirements and personal attributes that you will need to demonstrate in your resume to ensure your potential employer will take your application seriously, such as:
• A relevant certificate may be required.
• Previous experience in a similar role.
• Additional courses in Business Writing and Elocution are advantageous.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Superb organisational skills.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills.
• A willingness to learn.
You may also want to do some industry research to find out what other companies want in their Operations Assistants.