Do you want to apply for an Operations Specialist position to help you get closer to your career goals? Applying for jobs on Seek, LinkedIn, and other job boards can be a time-consuming process, however, to streamline the process, you can ensure your resume writing helps you to stand out from the crowd, and your online profile helps you to get an interview!
If a recruiter or hiring manager are looking for an Operations Specialist, they are searching for specific transferable skills. With less than ten people being interviewed for the job and hundreds of people, just like you, applying, The Perfect Resume team have created Resume Writing Tips to help you stand out from the others.
What do recruiters look for in an Operations Specialist resume or an online profile?
Tailoring your resume to an Operations Specialist position is mandatory today to ensure that your application will pass Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS). In doing so, your resume will be read by the prospective employer. Then, fingers crossed, you will be shortlisted as a potential candidate and be called for not one, but multiple job interviews!
Firstly, before you apply to be an Operations Specialist, you need to be acquainted with what an Operations Specialist does!
Operations Specialists handle the smooth and efficient daily operations of a company.
Hiring Managers are looking for a highly capable and organised Operations Specialist to assist in overseeing employees in their daily duties, optimising processes and procedures.
To be successful as an Operations Specialist, you should have knowledge of necessary corporate procedures, be open to learning, and have strong communication skills. Ultimately, a high performing Operations Specialist should be able to achieve maximum efficiency and ensure deliverables are met.
Knowing this, your resume and online profile should include the hard and soft skills that the recruiter or hiring manager is looking for in a candidate.
The Operations Specialist position description template will also contain pivotal information about what the candidate will need to do daily. Such as:
• Managing day-to-day operations.
• Optimising operational processes and procedures for maximum efficiency while maintaining quality standards.
• Assisting with the implementation of new processes and procedures.
• Identifying ways to improve customer experiences.
• Ordering supplies and maintaining inventory levels.
• Overseeing the operations team and assigning tasks.
• Training new employees and ensuring that health and safety regulations are followed.
• Interacting with customers and suppliers, answering questions, and resolving issues.
• Tracking and reporting on operational performance.
• Maintaining policy and procedure documents.
You will also have some requirements and personal attributes that you will need to demonstrate in your resume to ensure your potential employer will take your application seriously, such as:
• Bachelor's degree preferred.
• 2+ years of experience as an operations specialist or in a similar role.
• Project management and leadership experience.
• Ability to analyse and improve operational processes.
• Strong people management and organisational skills.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Strong problem-solving and time management skills.
You may also want to do some industry research to find out what other companies want in their Operations Specialists.