The Perfect Order Selector Resume Writing Tips
Do you want to apply for an Order Selector position to help you get closer to your career goals? Applying for jobs on Seek, LinkedIn, and other job boards can be a time-consuming process, however, to streamline the process, you can ensure your resume writing helps you to stand out from the crowd, and your online profile helps you to get an interview!
If a recruiter or hiring manager are looking for an Order Selector, they are searching for specific transferable skills. With less than ten people being interviewed for the job and hundreds of people, just like you, applying, The Perfect Resume team have created Resume Writing Tips to help you stand out from the others.
What do recruiters look for in an Order Selector resume or an online profile?
Tailoring your resume to an Order Selector position is mandatory today to ensure that your application will pass Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS). In doing so, your resume will be read by the prospective employer. Then, fingers crossed, you will be shortlisted as a potential candidate and be called for not one, but multiple job interviews!
Firstly, before you apply to be an Order Selector, you need to be acquainted with what an Order Selector does!
Order Selectors handle the inventory of products and customer orders.
Hiring Managers are looking for a detail-oriented Order Selector to assist in managing and filling incoming customer orders and ensuring they are correct.
To be successful as an Order Selector, you should have knowledge of necessary Manufacturing, Transport, and Logistics procedures, be open to learning, and have strong communication skills. Ultimately, a quality Order Selector should be able to achieve safe transport of goods and maintain an awareness of your surroundings when transporting items in a busy warehouse.
Knowing this, your resume and online profile should include the hard and soft skills that the recruiter or hiring manager is looking for in a candidate.
The Order Selector position description template will also contain pivotal information about what the candidate will need to do daily. Such as:
• Reading customer orders accurately.
• Locating and selecting the specific warehouse items to fulfill the customer's order.
• Operating forklifts and other warehouse machinery to stack items and prepare orders for shipping.
• Placing the prepared orders in the correct dock slips for loading onto shipping trucks.
• Performing visual inspections of orders to ensure they are correct and ready for shipment.
• Labeling order shipments correctly for easy identification.
• Applying shrink wrap to the prepared order before shipping.
• Following warehouse safety procedures for the operation of equipment, such as wearing proper clothing, safe food handling, and maintaining awareness of your surroundings and the other workers when transporting items.
• Keeping the warehouse clean and organized at all times.
Monitoring and maintaining the media budget.Creativity in securing coverage and buzz with traditional outlets. position description will also have some requirements and personal attributes that you will need to demonstrate in your resume to ensure your potential employer will take your application seriously:
• Previous experience as an order selector may be advantageous.
• Experience with inventory management and good computer skills.
• A forklift or other machinery license.
• Good mechanical skills to operate machinery and equipment.
• Basic mathematic skills.
• Good communication, interpersonal, and teamworking skills.
• Physical stamina to lift heavy loads and remain standing for long periods.
You may also want to do some industry research to find out what other companies want in their Order Selectors.