The Perfect Publicist Resume Writing Tips
Do you want to apply for a Publicist position to help you get closer to your career goals? Applying for jobs on Seek, LinkedIn, and other job boards can be a time-consuming process, however, to streamline the process, you can ensure your resume writing helps you to stand out from the crowd, and your online profile helps you to get an interview!
If a recruiter or hiring manager are looking for a Publicist, they are searching for specific transferable skills. With less than ten people being interviewed for the job and hundreds of people, just like you, applying, The Perfect Resume team have created Resume Writing Tips to help you stand out from the others.
What do recruiters look for in a Publicist resume or an online profile?
Tailoring your resume to a Publicist position is mandatory today to ensure that your application will pass Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS). In doing so, your resume will be read by the prospective employer. Then, fingers crossed, you will be shortlisted as a potential candidate and be called for not one, but multiple job interviews!
Firstly, before you apply to be a Publicist, you need to be acquainted with what a Publicist does!
Publicists handle the publicity campaigns for companies, brands, public individuals, and products such as music, films, or books.
Hiring Managers are looking for a media-savvy Publicist to assist in planning, writing and implementing publicity campaigns, including press releases, social media posts, and various promotional events.
To be successful as a Publicist, you should have knowledge of necessary Marketing and Communications procedures, be open to learning, and have strong communication skills. Ultimately, a quality Publicist should be able to achieve positive public image and expanding audience numbers.
Knowing this, your resume and online profile should include the hard and soft skills that the recruiter or hiring manager is looking for in a candidate.
The Publicist position description template will also contain pivotal information about what the candidate will need to do daily. Such as:
• Planning and implementing publicity campaigns.
• Working with the content team to create on-trend social media and blog posts.
• Putting together informative press kits.
• Maintaining good relationships with media organizations.
• Organizing promotional events.
• Representing the company in interviews and press conferences.
• Analyzing the impact of our publicity strategy and making adjustments where necessary.
• Managing budgets, targets, and deadlines.
• Conducting market research and reporting back on your findings.
Monitoring and maintaining the media budget.Creativity in securing coverage and buzz with traditional outlets. position description will also have some requirements and personal attributes that you will need to demonstrate in your resume to ensure your potential employer will take your application seriously:
• Degree in marketing, communications, public relations, or related field.
• Previous marketing or public relations experience.
• Strong understanding of social media and internet culture.
• Impeccable communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Copywriting and content creation skills.
• Outgoing personality with excellent interpersonal skills.
• Familiarity with web analytics.
• Creative, results-driven mindset.
• Confident public speaking ability.
You may also want to do some industry research to find out what other companies want in their Publicists.