The Perfect Sales Recruiter Resume Writing Tips
Do you want to apply for a Sales Recruiter position to help you get closer to your career goals? Applying for jobs on Seek, LinkedIn, and other job boards can be a time-consuming process, however, to streamline the process, you can ensure your resume writing helps you to stand out from the crowd, and your online profile helps you to get an interview!
If a recruiter or hiring manager are looking for a Sales Recruiter, they are searching for specific transferable skills. With less than ten people being interviewed for the job and hundreds of people, just like you, applying, The Perfect Resume team have created Resume Writing Tips to help you stand out from the others.
What do recruiters look for in a Sales Recruiter resume or an online profile?
Tailoring your resume to a Sales Recruiter position is mandatory today to ensure that your application will pass Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS). In doing so, your resume will be read by the prospective employer. Then, fingers crossed, you will be shortlisted as a potential candidate and be called for not one, but multiple job interviews!
Firstly, before you apply to be a Sales Recruiter, you need to be acquainted with what a Sales Recruiter does!
Sales Recruiters handle the job descriptions, advertising positions, screening, and interview processes.
Hiring Managers are looking for a highly organised Sales Recruiter to assist in advertising positions, screening candidates, and scheduling and preparing for interviews. You may also be required to maintain employee databases and assist Management in making objective hiring decisions.
To be successful as a Sales Recruiter, you should have knowledge of necessary corporate procedures, be open to learning, and have strong communication skills. Ultimately, a high performing Sales Recruiter should be able to achieve recruitment successes throughout the hiring process and have a demonstrable track record in hiring talented salespeople.
Knowing this, your resume and online profile should include the hard and soft skills that the recruiter or hiring manager is looking for in a candidate.
The Sales Recruiter position description template will also contain pivotal information about what the candidate will need to do daily. Such as:
• Evaluating company products and services towards creating an accurate salesperson profile.
• Developing and implementing a hiring strategy in consultation with hiring managers.
• Determining the audience, method, and reach of the hiring process.
• Designing eye-catching recruitment advertisements.
• Advertising sales jobs via suitable print and broadcast media channels, and online recruitment platforms.
• Screening applicants via follow-up emails and phone calls.
• Following up on note-worthy informal and networking referrals.
• Scheduling interviews with short-listed candidates on behalf of the sales team.
• Supporting recruitment teams in making objective hiring decisions.
• Maintaining employee records toward tracking hiring successes and identifying future opportunities.
You will also have some requirements and personal attributes that you will need to demonstrate in your resume to ensure your potential employer will take your application seriously, such as:
• A bachelor's degree in business administration or human resources management, or a similar qualification.
• Demonstrable sales experience and success in a related position.
• Knowledge of human resources databases, hiring strategies, and applicable labor law.
• Experience with applicant tracking systems (ATS), and candidate management systems (CMS).
• Familiarity with prescribed key performance indicators (KPIs) for salespeople.
• Competency in using word processing, spreadsheet, and voice call software.
• Excellent decision-making and organizational skills toward developing successful hiring strategies.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills for internal and external purposes.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills and strong recruitment-related intuition.
You may also want to do some industry research to find out what other companies want in their Sales Recruiters.