The Perfect Social Media Manager Resume Writing Tips
Do you want to apply for a Social Media Manager position to help you get closer to your career goals? Applying for jobs on Seek, LinkedIn, and other job boards can be a time-consuming process, however, to streamline the process, you can ensure your resume writing helps you to stand out from the crowd, and your online profile helps you to get an interview!
If a recruiter or hiring manager are looking for a Social Media Manager, they are searching for specific transferable skills. With less than ten people being interviewed for the job and hundreds of people, just like you, applying, The Perfect Resume team have created Resume Writing Tips to help you stand out from the others.
What do recruiters look for in a Social Media Manager resume or an online profile?
Tailoring your resume to a Social Media Manager position is mandatory today to ensure that your application will pass Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS). In doing so, your resume will be read by the prospective employer. Then, fingers crossed, you will be shortlisted as a potential candidate and be called for not one, but multiple job interviews!
Firstly, before you apply to be a Social Media Manager, you need to be acquainted with what a Social Media Manager does!
Social Media Managers handle the companies' public accounts, which they use as vehicles to interact with clients.
Hiring Managers are looking for a talented Social Media Manager to assist in creating high-quality original content.
To be successful as a Social Media Manager, you should have knowledge of necessary Marketing and Communications procedures, be open to learning, and have strong communication skills. Ultimately, a quality Social Media Manager should be able to achieve strong social media presence for all brands and drive an increase in sales.
Knowing this, your resume and online profile should include the hard and soft skills that the recruiter or hiring manager is looking for in a candidate.
The Social Media Manager position description template will also contain pivotal information about what the candidate will need to do daily. Such as:
• Running company social media advertising campaigns.
• Formulating high-quality novel written and visual content for each social media campaign.
• Building a social media presence by maintaining a solid online presence.
• Monitoring the company's brand on social media.
• Building brand awareness by engaging relevant influencers.
• Managing our online communities to ensure respectful and appropriate engagement.
• Responding to comments on each of our accounts.
• Overseeing customer service provided via social media.
• Analyzing data to determine whether social media campaigns have achieved their objectives.
• Coaching employees company-wide on content creation best practices.
Monitoring and maintaining the media budget.Creativity in securing coverage and buzz with traditional outlets. position description will also have some requirements and personal attributes that you will need to demonstrate in your resume to ensure your potential employer will take your application seriously:
• Social media marketing experience.
• Experience developing social media strategies.
• Experience working with and developing a marketing plan.
• Ability to develop the right voice for each social media platform.
• Proven ability to build social media communities.
• Understanding of graphic design principles.
• Experience as a Brand Manager on social media.
• Ability to measure the success of campaigns.
You may also want to do some industry research to find out what other companies want in their Social Media Managers.