Do you want to apply for a Strategy Manager position to help you get closer to your career goals? Applying for jobs on Seek, LinkedIn, and other job boards can be a time-consuming process, however, to streamline the process, you can ensure your resume writing helps you to stand out from the crowd, and your online profile helps you to get an interview!
If a recruiter or hiring manager are looking for a Strategy Manager, they are searching for specific transferable skills. With less than ten people being interviewed for the job and hundreds of people, just like you, applying, The Perfect Resume team have created Resume Writing Tips to help you stand out from the others.
What do recruiters look for in a Strategy Manager resume or an online profile?
Tailoring your resume to a Strategy Manager position is mandatory today to ensure that your application will pass Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS). In doing so, your resume will be read by the prospective employer. Then, fingers crossed, you will be shortlisted as a potential candidate and be called for not one, but multiple job interviews!
Firstly, before you apply to be a Strategy Manager, you need to be acquainted with what a Strategy Manager does!
Strategy Managers handle the review of organisational strengths, weaknesses, operational effectiveness and opportunities.
Hiring Managers are looking for a highly analytical Strategy Manager to assist in assessing organisational performance, developing achievable goals and implementing processes that improve organisational effectiveness and build a sustainable competitive advantage.
To be successful as a Strategy Manager, you should have knowledge of necessary Corporate procedures, be open to learning, and have strong communication skills. Ultimately, a high performing Strategy Manager should be able to achieve long-term goals and minimise risks.
Knowing this, your resume and online profile should include the hard and soft skills that the recruiter or hiring manager is looking for in a candidate.
The Strategy Manager position description template will also contain pivotal information about what the candidate will need to do daily. Such as:
• Supporting the development of long-term organizational strategy.
• Conducting research and analyses of operational effectiveness, processes, stakeholders, etc.
• Aligning departmental goals, processes and resource allocation with the organizational strategy.
• Assessing market trends and competitors.
• Identifying threats and opportunities.
• Presenting findings, projections and recommended actions.
• Planning, implementing and managing proposed recommendations and projects.
• Monitoring and reporting on projects.
• Supporting and guiding senior executive decision-making processes.
You will also have some requirements and personal attributes that you will need to demonstrate in your resume to ensure your potential employer will take your application seriously, such as:
• Degree in business or related field, MBA preferred.
• 3-5 years of experience in business administration, management consulting or strategic planning.
• Excellent understanding of business operations and procedures.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong organizational and planning skills.
• Outstanding research and analytical abilities.
• Project management skills.
• Strong leadership skills.
You may also want to do some industry research to find out what other companies want in their Strategy Managers.