The Perfect Technical Recruiter Resume Writing Tips
Do you want to apply for a Technical Recruiter position to help you get closer to your career goals? Applying for jobs on Seek, LinkedIn, and other job boards can be a time-consuming process, however, to streamline the process, you can ensure your resume writing helps you to stand out from the crowd, and your online profile helps you to get an interview!
If a recruiter or hiring manager are looking for a Technical Recruiter, they are searching for specific transferable skills. With less than ten people being interviewed for the job and hundreds of people, just like you, applying, The Perfect Resume team have created Resume Writing Tips to help you stand out from the others.
What do recruiters look for in a Technical Recruiter resume or an online profile?
Tailoring your resume to a Technical Recruiter position is mandatory today to ensure that your application will pass Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS). In doing so, your resume will be read by the prospective employer. Then, fingers crossed, you will be shortlisted as a potential candidate and be called for not one, but multiple job interviews!
Firstly, before you apply to be a Technical Recruiter, you need to be acquainted with what a Technical Recruiter does!
Technical Recruiters handle the ourcing and hiring of IT professionals to fill technical positions.
Hiring Managers are looking for a deadline-focused Technical Recruiter to assist in meeting with hiring managers to write job descriptions to offering job positions to the most suitable candidates. You should be focused, hard-working, and able to meet deadlines to the satisfaction of all parties involved.
To be successful as a Technical Recruiter, you should have knowledge of necessary corporate procedures, be open to learning, and have strong communication skills. Ultimately, a high performing Technical Recruiter should be able to achieve deadlines and have a good working knowledge of technology, technical roles, and technical skills, as well as knowledge of the recruitment process.
Knowing this, your resume and online profile should include the hard and soft skills that the recruiter or hiring manager is looking for in a candidate.
The Technical Recruiter position description template will also contain pivotal information about what the candidate will need to do daily. Such as:
• Communicating with hiring managers to identify future job openings and the technical requirements for those jobs.
• Writing job descriptions and posting to relevant media platforms.
• Screening applicants for competency with the job requirements.
• Arranging telephone, video, or in-person interviews.
• Performing background and reference checks.
• Presenting the resumes of the most suitable candidates to the hiring manager.
• Offering job positions and completing the relevant paperwork.
• Keeping track of all applicants as well as keeping applicants informed on the application process.
• Forecasting recruitment budgets.
You will also have some requirements and personal attributes that you will need to demonstrate in your resume to ensure your potential employer will take your application seriously, such as:
• A bachelor's of science or human resources degree.
• A good understanding of technology and technical skills.
• Experience in recruitment processes and platforms.
• Good interpersonal and decision-making skills.
You may also want to do some industry research to find out what other companies want in their Technical Recruiters.