The Perfect Virtual Recruiter Resume Writing Tips
Do you want to apply for a Virtual Recruiter position to help you get closer to your career goals? Applying for jobs on Seek, LinkedIn, and other job boards can be a time-consuming process, however, to streamline the process, you can ensure your resume writing helps you to stand out from the crowd, and your online profile helps you to get an interview!
If a recruiter or hiring manager are looking for a Virtual Recruiter, they are searching for specific transferable skills. With less than ten people being interviewed for the job and hundreds of people, just like you, applying, The Perfect Resume team have created Resume Writing Tips to help you stand out from the others.
What do recruiters look for in a Virtual Recruiter resume or an online profile?
Tailoring your resume to a Virtual Recruiter position is mandatory today to ensure that your application will pass Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS). In doing so, your resume will be read by the prospective employer. Then, fingers crossed, you will be shortlisted as a potential candidate and be called for not one, but multiple job interviews!
Firstly, before you apply to be a Virtual Recruiter, you need to be acquainted with what a Virtual Recruiter does!
Virtual Recruiters handle the recruitment process to source, screen, shortlist, evaluate, and interview new staff.
Hiring Managers are looking for a motivated Virtual Recruiter to assist in writing clear job descriptions and posting them online, sourcing and screening potential candidates, communicating with the Manager and staff, reviewing job requirements, conducting interviews, assisting with onboarding, and helping with any other recruitment-related tasks.
To be successful as a Virtual Recruiter, you should have knowledge of necessary corporate procedures, be open to learning, and have strong communication skills. Ultimately, a high performing Virtual Recruiter should be able to achieve timely onboarding of staff and recruitment which is aligned to the brief.
Knowing this, your resume and online profile should include the hard and soft skills that the recruiter or hiring manager is looking for in a candidate.
The Virtual Recruiter position description template will also contain pivotal information about what the candidate will need to do daily. Such as:
• Writing detailed, clear job descriptions and posting them on a range of job boards to attract candidates.
• Communicating with the manager/supervisor and reviewing job descriptions to ensure accurate shortlisting of candidates.
• Fostering solid professional relationships with prospective hires.
• Following up promptly with prospective hires.
• Screening candidates and scheduling online interviews.
• Writing up questions for interviews when required.
• Developing new recruitment strategies with the recruitment manager.
• Assisting with onboarding duties to help new staff during the transition process.
• Responding to inquiries in a polite, efficient manner.
You will also have some requirements and personal attributes that you will need to demonstrate in your resume to ensure your potential employer will take your application seriously, such as:
• Degree in HR or communications would be advantageous.
• Previous recruitment experience recommended.
• Ability to use MS Office.
• Proficiency in Google Suite and Hangouts.
• Well-groomed, professional appearance.
• Ability to handle different tasks simultaneously.
• Strong problem-solving, and written and verbal communication skills.
You may also want to do some industry research to find out what other companies want in their Virtual Recruiters.