The Perfect VP of Operations Resume Writing Tips
Do you want to apply for a VP of Operations position to help you get closer to your career goals? Applying for jobs on Seek, LinkedIn, and other job boards can be a time-consuming process, however, to streamline the process, you can ensure your resume writing helps you to stand out from the crowd, and your online profile helps you to get an interview!
If a recruiter or hiring manager are looking for a VP of Operations, they are searching for specific transferable skills. With less than ten people being interviewed for the job and hundreds of people, just like you, applying, The Perfect Resume team have created Resume Writing Tips to help you stand out from the others.
What do recruiters look for in a VP of Operations resume or an online profile?
Tailoring your resume to a VP of Operations position is mandatory today to ensure that your application will pass Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS). In doing so, your resume will be read by the prospective employer. Then, fingers crossed, you will be shortlisted as a potential candidate and be called for not one, but multiple job interviews!
Firstly, before you apply to be a VP of Operations, you need to be acquainted with what a VP of Operations does!
VP of Operations handle the operations direct organisational structures and processes to ensure that companies' objectives are met.
Hiring Managers are looking for a strategic and grounded VP of Operations to assist in supervising the functioning of all departments, working to provide conceptual and practical guidance to figureheads across the organisation and ensuring values remain aligned with trends in consumers' behavior to maintain longevity.
To be successful as a VP of Operations, you should have knowledge of necessary Corporate procedures, be open to learning, and have strong communication skills. Ultimately, a high performing VP of Operations should be able to achieve a nourishing and fertile work environment and be instrumental in shaping company values.
Knowing this, your resume and online profile should include the hard and soft skills that the recruiter or hiring manager is looking for in a candidate.
The VP of Operations position description template will also contain pivotal information about what the candidate will need to do daily. Such as:
• Evaluating the founding principles of our organization, its current state, and the market to inform our vision.
• Drafting and ensuring adherence to pertinent budgets.
• Hiring and monitoring the duties of Department Heads to ensure their alignment with our strategic plans.
• Hosting regular meetings with executive staff to discuss plans and address concerns.
• Assessing structures and procedures and tweaking these, where necessary, to ensure that objectives are met.
• Inspecting work sites to ensure that these are safe, fully-functional, and high-yielding.
• Mediating disputes to promote amicable and cooperative relationships among staff.
• Reporting to and meeting with the Board of Directors, as needed.
• Representing our company at local and international gatherings.
You will also have some requirements and personal attributes that you will need to demonstrate in your resume to ensure your potential employer will take your application seriously, such as:
• Degree in a relevant business-oriented stream.
• A minimum of 5 years' demonstrable experience in a pertinent managerial position.
• Assertive and clear style of communication.
• Strategic thinking, honesty, and ethics in business dealings.
• Unmatched budgeting, presentation, and interpersonal abilities.
• Top-notch supervisory and conflict resolution skills.
• Willingness to embark on local and international travel, as needed.
You may also want to do some industry research to find out what other companies want in their VP of Operations.