Are you looking at becoming an Animal Attendant? They perform the daily tasks that keep animals in their care happy and healthy. Shifts can vary and may require unusual hours on any day of the year.
An Animal Attendant is an extremely competitive role to get into. Currently, there are only 62 positions for an Animal Attendant across Australia with a common salary of $55k per year. However, you still have a chance. The Perfect Resume team has helped others to get into the Farming, Animals & Conservation industry and believe we can increase your chances with our resume writing services also!
To apply for an Animal Attendant position, your resume will need to prove you can work directly with animals, providing primary care, exercise and enrichment activities.
Recruiters and prospective employers will also be looking for transferable skills in:
- Preparing food (including special dietary supplements) and provide water to animals in care.
- Preparing comfortable bedding and sleeping arrangements for animals.
- Cleaning animal enclosures. This includes clearing away animal waste, disinfecting and cleaning, and checking locks.
- Bathing animals, cleaning ears, clipping nails and treating coats to control pests.
- Grooming animals' coats.
- Administering basic medications under veterinary supervision.
- Treating minor injuries and notifying veterinarians of any serious health issues.
- Rescuing animals and assisting with behavioural assessments and training.
- Transferring animals between cages and enclosures.
- Assisting with humane euthanisation and handling animals that have died.
- Observing, taking notes and maintaining animal records.
- Talking with customers, staff, and inspectors.
Further criteria you may need to satisfy, depending on the job requirements include volunteering at your local animal rescue organisation or veterinary clinic to gain on the job experience, completing a traineeship, Certificate II in Animal Care (ACM20117) or a Certificate III in Captive Animals (ACM30317) through TAFE or a registered training organisation.
The Perfect Resume Services
When applying for an Animal Attendant position, your resume needs to tell a story about your skills, expertise, talents and passions and in a highly competitive job market, standing out matters!
The team at The Perfect Resume are skilled in writing resumes for Animal Attendants and have proven success in helping people land interviews and the job they want! We offer all job seekers a free resume review, ATS Scan, guides and templates and genuinely care about your career outcomes, partnering with you on your job search journey, following up and providing ongoing support. You will not feel like you are on your own!