Would you like an updated resume which is ATS compliant and engaging to read? By adding your personality to your resume, coupled with an eye-catching, modern, concise design, an employer gets a better sense of who you are as a person as opposed to just reading words on a page. We even apply psychology techniques to make you stand out and eliminate biases, including culture, over/under-qualified and age.
A tailored cover letter introduces you to the hiring manager formally while increasing your chance of landing an interview by 40%. It a brief one-page opening that we align the responsibilities of the job to your experiences to show that you are the best candidate for the position.
LinkedIn is widely used by recruiters to screen potential candidates. There is an art to making sure recruiters can find you on LinkedIn. We optimise LinkedIn profiles to have maximum engagement, ensuring that you have a keyword optimised professional profile, so you are ready to start networking.
Many government positions, universities and large corporate entities have a high demand for positions. To reduce the number of candidates applying for a role, employers request selection criteria to be addressed. The selection criteria document is in addition to a tailored cover letter and put simply, it is a listing of desirable and essential knowledge, skills and attitudes that an organisation requires the successful candidate to possess.
Are you applying for a job that needs selection criteria addressed? Make no mistake; this is a critical part of your job application that you need to get right. Using the STAR technique, we work together and address each criteria specifically, aligning to the hiring managers expectations.
Going to an interview can be a daunting experience. You are under the spotlight in front of a panel of strangers, do most of the talking for a long time, expected to answer questions that you have not prepared for or even feel relevant. By looking at the position description, we create a list of potential, experience-based questions. This allows you to have a collection of examples ready to demonstrate your skills and expertise quickly. We also eliminate any anxieties you may have, discussing the desired appearance, body language, and how to impress the panel.
Career counselling can range from getting that promotion, supporting you through redundancy, changing your career or even just some help with your current role. This is a tailored experience unique to you. We look at your career history, identify what you have enjoyed and disliked then set goals, guiding you on a pathway to a future that you can enjoy. We can also investigate the barriers getting in between you and where you want to be.
Hidden Art to Interview Hacking
Two action-packed hours of content. Using the techniques in this course increases your employability and enhance your perceived value to employers. Throughout the course, you will be guided in a creative, entertaining and informative way, learning proven and scientific based techniques to help you market yourself effectively to interviewers. For example, you will know how hidden behaviours, expressions and body language can be the difference between getting the job or rejected from your interview!
On completion, you will have a framework to hack your next interview, using targeted social psychology, evolutionary biology, interpersonal communication and neuroscience techniques, such as:
- Projecting confidence through your appearance and dressing for success
- Incorporating colour psychology and personality into your interview
- The Law of Attractiveness and how you can use it for positive impressions
- Analysing your handshake to connect with the hiring manager in a dignified manner
- Making the interview your time to shine by incorporating social proof
- Projecting trustworthiness, likeability and leveraging emotional transference
- Commanding the room, using positive, negative, open and closed body language and nonverbal communication, including mirroring, eye contact and facial mimicry.
The Perfect Resume Writing Services
Kick Start Your Job Search
Resume Writing Services Package #1
Package 1 includes:
• Applicant tracking system (ATS) compliant resume with unlimited revisions. Available in editable Word and PDF formats.
• Tailored cover letter focusing on the particular role and emphasises your transferrable skills.
• Complimentary cover letter template that matches the resume design. This document can be edited as necessary and includes a guide on how to write the perfect cover letter.
• Free proofreading service for cover letters you write until you land a new job.
• Loads of helpful guides and tips to support you on your journey.
Total writing/consultant time included: 5-10 hours
Jam Packed Career Services
Resume Writing Services Package #2
Package 2 includes everything in Package 1 PLUS:
• Optimised LinkedIn profile update, including a modern professional headshot, research around the optimal keywords and networking tips.
• Two Tailored Cover Letters, focused on a particular role OR Key Selection Criteria underscoring your essential skills, knowledge, and attributes to perform the role effectively and excellently.
Total writing/consultant time included: 10-20 hours
ALL ABOUT THE INTERVIEW
Resume Writing Services Package #3
Package 3 includes everything in Package 2 PLUS:
• Two hour jam-packed interview hacking course that ensures they not only reach an interview but ace it to secure the job.
• 60-minute interview preparation phone call with a career coach to guide you through how to respond to interview questions, whether in-person, phone-based or virtually.
Total writing/consultant time included: 20-30 hours
COMPREHENSIVE CAREER SERVICE
Resume Writing Services Package #4
Package 4 includes everything in Package 3 PLUS:
• 60-minute, phone-based personal branding and rapport-building session focused on helping you to create a strategy on how to either change career direction, secure a promotion or produce a step by step strategy on how to accelerate your career.
• 30-minute LinkedIn strategy coaching session focused on building professional presence and connecting strategies to help you stand out from other candidates.
• Four 30-minute fortnightly counselling sessions with our Career Coach to ensure you are on track for career success.
Total writing/consultant time included: 30-40 hours
"Super prompt and professional service. Really helped me update a resume that hadn’t had a style change in 18 years. Big thank you to you and your team."
The team at The Perfect Resume are amazing at what they do, they were able to restructure my resume to meet all the key points in my industry. They have provided me with a resume and cover letter that has landed interviews, also boosted my confidence preparing for them. They were quick and effective with their services, will recommend anyone looking to get their resume and cover letter done to contact them.