Do you want to apply for a Country Manager position to help you get closer to your career goals? Applying for jobs on Seek, LinkedIn, and other job boards can be a time-consuming process, however, to streamline the process, you can ensure your resume writing helps you to stand out from the crowd, and your online profile helps you to get an interview!
If a recruiter or hiring manager are looking for a Country Manager, they are searching for specific transferable skills. With less than ten people being interviewed for the job and hundreds of people, just like you, applying, The Perfect Resume team have created Resume Writing Tips to help you stand out from the others.
What do recruiters look for in a Country Manager resume or an online profile?
Tailoring your resume to a Country Manager position is mandatory today to ensure that your application will pass Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS). In doing so, your resume will be read by the prospective employer. Then, fingers crossed, you will be shortlisted as a potential candidate and be called for not one, but multiple job interviews!
Firstly, before you apply to be a Country Manager, you need to be acquainted with what a Country Manager does!
Country Managers handle the global expansion into a particular region, including recruitment, budgets, planning, and submitting reports.
Hiring Managers are looking for a self-motivated, culturally sensitive and strategic Country Manager to assist in recruitment and training, writing budgets and reports, and assessing performance.
To be successful as a Country Manager, you should have knowledge of necessary corporate procedures, be open to learning, and have strong communication skills. Ultimately, a high performing Country Manager should be able to achieve success in public speaking, networking and lead all operations to ensure the profitability of the company's affiliate.
Knowing this, your resume and online profile should include the hard and soft skills that the recruiter or hiring manager is looking for in a candidate.
The Country Manager position description template will also contain pivotal information about what the candidate will need to do daily. Such as:
• Liaising with head office and writing up quarterly/annual reports.
• Recruiting, vetting, and training all new staff.
• Researching the country or region thoroughly and adapting strategies accordingly.
• Monitoring performance at all levels and scheduling training as required.
• Implementing an effective brand strategy and ensuring consistency.
• Building professional relationships with staff and clients.
• Maintaining a good image of the organization at all times.
You will also have some requirements and personal attributes that you will need to demonstrate in your resume to ensure your potential employer will take your application seriously, such as:
• Bachelor's degree in business administration, management or a related field (preferably a master's degree).
• Postgraduate degree in sales, finance or similar is also acceptable.
• A good knowledge base of the country/region, and a willingness to learn.
• The ability to provide excellent customer service.
• Good people-management skills.
• Experience living abroad is advantageous.
• Sensitivity to different cultural norms.
You may also want to do some industry research to find out what other companies want in their Country Managers.