The Perfect Insurance Agent Resume Writing Tips
Do you want to apply for an Insurance Agent position to help you get closer to your career goals? Applying for jobs on Seek, LinkedIn, and other job boards can be a time-consuming process, however, to streamline the process, you can ensure your resume writing helps you to stand out from the crowd, and your online profile helps you to get an interview!
If a recruiter or hiring manager are looking for an Insurance Agent, they are searching for specific transferable skills. With less than ten people being interviewed for the job and hundreds of people, just like you, applying, The Perfect Resume team have created Resume Writing Tips to help you stand out from the others.
What do recruiters look for in an Insurance Agent resume or an online profile?
Tailoring your resume to an Insurance Agent position is mandatory today to ensure that your application will pass Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS). In doing so, your resume will be read by the prospective employer. Then, fingers crossed, you will be shortlisted as a potential candidate and be called for not one, but multiple job interviews!
Firstly, before you apply to be an Insurance Agent, you need to be acquainted with what an Insurance Agent does!
Insurance Agents handle the sales opportunities for insurance plans and overseeing a portfolio of clients.
Hiring Managers are looking for a detail-orientated Insurance Agent to assist in identifying risk management strategies, handling policy renewals, and tracking claims.
To be successful as an Insurance Agent, you should have knowledge of necessary Insurance procedures, be open to learning, and have strong communication skills. Ultimately, a quality Insurance Agent should be able to achieve strong relationships with stakeholders and generate new business.
Knowing this, your resume and online profile should include the hard and soft skills that the recruiter or hiring manager is looking for in a candidate.
The Insurance Agent position description template will also contain pivotal information about what the candidate will need to do daily. Such as:
• Calculating dividends and creating payment methods.
• Establishing a collaborative relationship with prospective clients from various sources such as networking, cold calling, and referrals.
• Distributing policy proceeds after a claim is submitted and approved.
• Recommending risk management strategies that fit clients' personal risk profiles.
• Preparing and presenting detailed reports on the progress of initiatives to management.
• Completing administrative tasks including maintaining records and handling policy renewals.
• Tracking insurance claims to ensure client and company satisfaction.
• Describing the advantages and disadvantages of different policies to promote the sale of insurance plans.
• Creating and implementing marketing strategies to compete with other individuals or insurance companies.
• Responding to clients’ insurance-related questions and issues.
Monitoring and maintaining the media budget.Creativity in securing coverage and buzz with traditional outlets. position description will also have some requirements and personal attributes that you will need to demonstrate in your resume to ensure your potential employer will take your application seriously:
• Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business or relevant field.
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience in insurance sales or similar role.
• In-depth knowledge of the different types of insurance plans including vehicle, home, and business.
• Outstanding interpersonal and negotiation skills.
• Proficient in computers and statistical analysis software.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
You may also want to do some industry research to find out what other companies want in their Insurance Agents.