Do you want to apply for a Marketing Specialist position to help you get closer to your career goals? Applying for jobs on Seek, LinkedIn, and other job boards can be a time-consuming process, however, to streamline the process, you can ensure your resume writing helps you to stand out from the crowd, and your online profile helps you to get an interview!
If a recruiter or hiring manager are looking for a Marketing Specialist, they are searching for specific transferable skills. With less than ten people being interviewed for the job and hundreds of people, just like you, applying, The Perfect Resume team have created Resume Writing Tips to help you stand out from the others.
What do recruiters look for in a Marketing Specialist resume or an online profile?
Tailoring your resume to a Marketing Specialist position is mandatory today to ensure that your application will pass Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS). In doing so, your resume will be read by the prospective employer. Then, fingers crossed, you will be shortlisted as a potential candidate and be called for not one, but multiple job interviews!
Firstly, before you apply to be a Marketing Specialist, you need to be acquainted with what a Marketing Specialist does!
Marketing Specialists handle the marketing materials for websites and other marketing platforms.
Hiring Managers are looking for a results-driven Marketing Specialist to assist in liaising with sales teams and other departments to implement various internal and external communications for the company.
To be successful as a Marketing Specialist, you should have knowledge of necessary Marketing and Communications procedures, be open to learning, and have strong communication skills. Ultimately, a quality Marketing Specialist should be able to achieve optimised digital and traditional marketing outcomes and execute successful marketing campaigns.
Knowing this, your resume and online profile should include the hard and soft skills that the recruiter or hiring manager is looking for in a candidate.
The Marketing Specialist position description template will also contain pivotal information about what the candidate will need to do daily. Such as:
• Developing and implementing marketing plans.
• Undertaking competitor research and analyses.
• Conducting market research to establish customer trends and habits.
• Establishing goals and objectives in order to reach our customers through appropriate marketing channels (digital and traditional).
• Building and maintaining relationships with new and existing customers through prospecting and networking.
• Promoting brand awareness through marketing efforts.
• Creating marketing materials for our website and other marketing platforms.
• Supporting the marketing team with marketing activities by demonstrating expertise in various areas, including optimization, advertising, social media, direct marketing, and event planning.
• Assisting with the analyses of marketing data, including campaign results, conversion rates, and online traffic in order to improve future marketing strategies and campaigns.
• Performing other duties when needed.
You will also have some requirements and personal attributes that you will need to demonstrate in your resume to ensure your potential employer will take your application seriously, such as:
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, marketing, or a related field.
• 3 or more years of marketing experience (digital and traditional) in a corporate, or agency environment.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access), Adobe Creative Suite, and CRM and CMS software.
• Working knowledge of HTML and CSS.
• Experience using analytics software.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
• Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
• Highly organized and detail oriented.
You may also want to do some industry research to find out what other companies want in their Marketing Specialists.