Are you looking at becoming an Accountant? They help individuals and organisations manage their finances, tax credits and obligations, and give advice on compliance and record management. Accountants may choose to specialise and become Management Accountants, Taxation Accountants, Trust Accountants, Systems Accountants, Fund Accountants or Company Accountants.
Currently, there are only 5686 positions for an Accountant across Australia with a common salary of $60K per year. While it is an extremely competitive role to get into, The Perfect Resume team has helped others to land an interview in the Accounting industry. We believe we can increase your chances with our resume writing services also!
To apply for an Accountant position, your resume will need to prove to recruiters and prospective employers that you will have the following transferable skills:
- Examine the income and expenditure of the individual or organisation.
- Create and maintain budgets.
- Prepare financial statements.
- Create accounting policies in consultation with senior stakeholders and in alignment with regulatory requirements.
- Prepare reports that articulate business compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Undertake audits, conduct financial investigations and manage insolvency.
- Provide advice about business plans, structures and accounting systems.
- Establishing bank accounts, funds and trusts.
Due to the high volume of applications for an Accountant received every year, qualifications that would increase your chances of landing an interview include a Bachelor of Accounting, Bachelor of Accounting and Finance or Master of Professional Accounting.
The Perfect Resume Services
When applying for an Accountant position, your resume needs to tell a story about your skills, expertise, talents and passions and in a highly competitive job market, standing out matters!
The team of professional resume writers at The Perfect Resume are skilled in writing resumes for Accountants and have proven success in helping people land interviews and the job they want! We offer all job seekers a free resume review, ATS Scan, guides and templates and genuinely care about your career outcomes, partnering with you on your job search journey, following up and providing ongoing support. Your Professional Resume Writer will not let you feel like you are on your own!