Are you looking at becoming a Chemist? They use this knowledge to develop new materials and products, to find more efficient industrial and commercial production methods, create and monitor chemical processes, and for educational and research purposes.
A Chemist is an extremely competitive role to get into. Currently, there are only 279 positions for a Chemist across Australia with a common salary of $60k per year. However, you still have a chance. The Perfect Resume team has helped others to get into the Science & Technology industry and believe we can increase your chances with our resume writing services also!
To apply for a Chemist position, your resume will need to prove you can study the science of chemistry in order to understand the chemical and physical properties of materials. Conducting experiments and tests to identify the chemical composition and reactive properties of natural substances and processed materials.
Recruiters and prospective employers will also be looking for transferable skills in:
- Conducting analysis and research to develop theories, techniques and processes, and testing the reliability of outcomes under different conditions.
- Developing practical applications of research findings.
- Testing food products for flavour, colour, consistency, taste, texture and nutritional content.
- Advising on the preserving, processing, packaging, storing and delivering foods.
- Testing products and materials and preparing specifications and standards to ensure compliance with government health laws and quality standards.
- Conducting routine analyses in a processing environment.
Qualifications that would increase your chances of landing an interview include a bachelor degree in science or applied science, majoring in chemistry.
To help stand out from the rest, try to secure a placement in an internship program while studying. This will provide you with relevant experience as well as guidance and mentorship from experienced Chemists.
The Perfect Resume Services
When applying for a Chemist position, your resume needs to tell a story about your skills, expertise, talents and passions and in a highly competitive job market, standing out matters!
The team at The Perfect Resume are skilled in writing resumes for Chemists and have proven success in helping people land interviews and the job they want! We offer all job seekers a free resume review, ATS Scan, guides and templates and genuinely care about your career outcomes, partnering with you on your job search journey, following up and providing ongoing support. You will not feel like you are on your own!