Are you looking at becoming an Engineering Manager? They are responsible for planning and directing an organisation technical operations. They oversee teams of engineers and work closely with architects and other professionals to oversee the successful delivery of civil engineering and construction projects. Engineering Managers employ a collaborative mindset and require a broad managerial skillset combined with engineering expertise. They often split their time between an office and work sites. They are employed by organisations in the professional, scientific and technical services, manufacturing and construction industries.
Currently, there are only 1217 positions for an Engineering Manager across Australia with a common salary of $180K per year. While it is an extremely competitive role to get into, The Perfect Resume team has helped others to land an interview in the Engineering industry. We believe we can increase your chances with our resume writing services also!
To apply for an Engineering Manager position, your resume will need to prove to recruiters and prospective employers that you will have the following transferable skills:
- Directing the formulation of engineering strategies, policies and plans.
- Establishing project schedules, budgets, quality and safety standards.
- Providing consultation and advice on engineering methods and procedures.
- Liaising and collaborating with other professionals and departments including architects, marketing and construction managers.
- Setting quality assurance-quality control (QA/QC), cost and safety standards and ensuring standards are met.
- Overseeing selection and hiring of engineering staff.
- Coordinating activities of engineering staff.
- Interpreting plans and specifications and ensuring project conformity including any relevant laws and regulations.
Due to the high volume of applications for an Engineering Manager received every year, qualifications that would increase your chances of landing an interview include a Bachelor of Engineering with Honours, Master of Engineering Management or Graduate Certificate in Engineering Management.
The Perfect Resume Services
When applying for an Engineering Manager position, your resume needs to tell a story about your skills, expertise, talents and passions and in a highly competitive job market, standing out matters!
The team of professional resume writers at The Perfect Resume are skilled in writing resumes for Engineering Managers and have proven success in helping people land interviews and the job they want! We offer all job seekers a free resume review, ATS Scan, guides and templates and genuinely care about your career outcomes, partnering with you on your job search journey, following up and providing ongoing support. Your Professional Resume Writer will not let you feel like you are on your own!