Are you looking at becoming an Industrial Engineer? They plan and manage the safe and efficient use of organisation materials and people. They oversee the design, implementation and operation of systems that increase productivity and revenue by improving the integration of people, finance, knowledge and equipment. Industrial Engineers are adept problem solvers and perform analysis to identify opportunities for increased efficiencies. They are employed by organisations in a broad range of industries including automotive, banking, fastmoving consumer goods (FMCG), household goods, agriculture, manufacturing and wholesale and retail trade.
Currently, there are only 214 positions for an Industrial Engineer across Australia with a common salary of $80K per year. While it is an extremely competitive role to get into, The Perfect Resume team has helped others to land an interview in the Engineering industry. We believe we can increase your chances with our resume writing services also!
To apply for an Industrial Engineer position, your resume will need to prove to recruiters and prospective employers that you will have the following transferable skills:
- Developing and introducing changes to work processes, safety procedures and labour utilisation.
- Assessing current processes and identifying opportunities for increased efficiency.
- Planning, designing and implementing systems that improve productivity and revenue.
- Measuring task time and setting performance standards.
- Inspecting manufacturing plants to ensure optimal performance and compliance with specifications.
- Reviewing current process performance, preparing reports and analysing costs and feasibilities.
- Establishing standards and policies for testing, quality control, quality assurance, inspection and maintenance.
- Ensuring the safe, environment-friendly design and operation of manufacturing processes.
Due to the high volume of applications for an Industrial Engineer received every year, qualifications that would increase your chances of landing an interview include a Bachelor of Engineering (Mechanical Engineering) or a Masters of Mechanical Engineering.
The Perfect Resume Services
When applying for an Industrial Engineer position, your resume needs to tell a story about your skills, expertise, talents and passions and in a highly competitive job market, standing out matters!
The team of professional resume writers at The Perfect Resume are skilled in writing resumes for Industrial Engineers and have proven success in helping people land interviews and the job they want! We offer all job seekers a free resume review, ATS Scan, guides and templates and genuinely care about your career outcomes, partnering with you on your job search journey, following up and providing ongoing support. Your Professional Resume Writer will not let you feel like you are on your own!