Are you looking at becoming a Lawyer? Lawyers manage the daily legal affairs of their clients, including preparing contracts, drawing up claims and negotiating settlements. Some Lawyers deal with disputes and will appear in court on behalf of their clients if a Barrister is not required. It is an extremely competitive role to get into.
Currently, there are only 3,109 positions for a Lawyer across Australia with a common salary of $103k per year. However, you still have a chance. The Perfect Resume team has helped others to get into the Legal industry and believe we can increase your chances with our resume writing services also!
To apply for a Lawyer position, your resume will need to prove that you can provide legal advice to clients in one or more areas of law to individuals or businesses when they need guidance or assistance with a legal issue. Recruiters and prospective employers will also be looking for transferable skills in:
- Meeting with and interviewing clients to understand their needs.
- Recommending appropriate legal advice and undertaking on behalf of the client.
- Investigating claims and doing research, arranging witnesses and giving notice of court action.
- Preparing and reviewing contracts
- Preparing and reviewing wills.
- Acting as executor of client wills, or as trustee or guardian of clients when the occasion arises.
- Representing clients in court, at tribunals and in mediation.
- Managing the conveyancing process and other property issues or disputes.
- Keeping files up to date.
- Meticulous timekeeping.
Due to the high volume of applications for a Lawyer received every year, qualifications that would increase your chances of landing an interview include a Bachelor of Law (LLB), Juris Doctor (JD), Practical Legal Training (PLT) and a Practising Certificate from the local Law Society.
The Perfect Resume Services
When applying for a Lawyer position, your resume needs to tell a story about your skills, expertise, talents and passions and in a highly competitive job market, standing out matters!
The team of resume writers at The Perfect Resume are skilled in writing resumes for Lawyers and have proven success in helping people land interviews and the job they want! We offer all job seekers a free resume review, ATS Scan, guides and templates and genuinely care about your career outcomes, partnering with you on your job search journey, following up and providing ongoing support. Your Resume Writer will not let you feel like you are on your own!