Are you looking at becoming a Mechanical Technician? They diagnose and repair faults in cars and other vehicles. They work primarily on vehicle mechanical faults but may also use specialised tools and computers to diagnose and repair electronic faults on modern cars.
Currently, there are only 349 positions for a Mechanical Technician across Australia with a common salary of $70K per year. While it is an extremely competitive role to get into, The Perfect Resume team has helped others to land an interview in the Trades & Services industry. We believe we can increase your chances with our resume writing services also!
To apply for a Mechanical Technician position, your resume will need to prove to recruiters and prospective employers that you will have the following transferable skills:
- Discussing symptoms and issues with the vehicle owner to discover faults.
- Testing individual components and functions of the vehicle to detect the source of issues.
- Operating specialised equipment to connect to the vehicle's onboard diagnostic system and repair faults.
- Repairing and replacing defective or worn parts on vehicles such as engines, transmissions, steering columns, brakes and suspension.
- Using specialised computer software to diagnose and fix electronic faults with the engine management system.
- Performing scheduled services and maintenance, including oil changes; fluid, lubricant and coolant top-ups and engine tune-ups.
- Dismantling mechanical assemblies to perform repairs, testing and cleaning.
- Reassembling parts after performing repairs and testing vehicle performance for the desired result.
Due to the high volume of applications for a Mechanical Technician received every year, qualifications that would increase your chances of landing an interview include a Certificate III in Light Vehicle Mechanical Technology (AUR30616) or a Certificate IV in Automotive Mechanical Diagnosis (AUR40216).
The Perfect Resume Services
When applying for a Mechanical Technician position, your resume needs to tell a story about your skills, expertise, talents and passions and in a highly competitive job market, standing out matters!
The team of professional resume writers at The Perfect Resume are skilled in writing resumes for Mechanical Technicians and have proven success in helping people land interviews and the job they want! We offer all job seekers a free resume review, ATS Scan, guides and templates and genuinely care about your career outcomes, partnering with you on your job search journey, following up and providing ongoing support. Your Professional Resume Writer will not let you feel like you are on your own!