Are you looking at becoming a Photographer? They are a professional artist who uses digital or film cameras to generate artistic or commercial-quality images for a variety of uses. As a Photographer, you can choose to specialise in a range of different areas such as fashion, food, wildlife, aerial, scientific and underwater photography.
You may even choose to become a Photojournalist, where your pictures tell a story or record an event. Whilst many Photographers are freelancers, some are employed directly by organisations, such as newspapers and magazines. Some Photographers work primarily in photographic studios, such as portrait or product photographers, while others work on location capturing landscapes, real estate or events, such as weddings or sporting competitions.
Currently, there are only 70 positions for a Photographer across Australia with a common salary of $50K per year. While it is an extremely competitive role to get into, The Perfect Resume team has helped others to land an interview in the Advertising Arts Media industry. We believe we can increase your chances with our resume writing services also!
To apply for a Photographer position, your resume will need to prove to recruiters and prospective employers that you will have the following transferable skills:
- Working with clients to determine the vision and angle for the photoshoot.
- Setting up and shooting photos in a studio or capturing photographs on location.
- Selecting and assembling equipment and required background properties, according to subjects, materials, and conditions.
- Choosing the correct equipment and settings for each subject.
- Using traditional or digital cameras, along with a variety of equipment such as tripods, filters, and flash attachments to take photographs.
- Adjusting apertures, shutter speeds, and camera focus based on a combination of factors such as lighting, field depth, subject motion, film type, and film speed.
- Reviewing and digitally enhancing photographs using digital photo-editing software.
Due to the high volume of applications for a Photographer received every year, qualifications that would increase your chances of landing an interview include completing a photography course. These range from bachelor degrees, TAFE, vocational and private courses.
The Perfect Resume Services
When applying for a Photographer position, your resume needs to tell a story about your skills, expertise, talents and passions and in a highly competitive job market, standing out matters!
The team of professional resume writers at The Perfect Resume are skilled in writing resumes for Photographers and have proven success in helping people land interviews and the job they want! We offer all job seekers a free resume review, ATS Scan, guides and templates and genuinely care about your career outcomes, partnering with you on your job search journey, following up and providing ongoing support. Your Professional Resume Writer will not let you feel like you are on your own!