Are you looking at becoming a Policy Manager? They lead teams of people in creating and maintaining a cohesive set of policies that reflect the organisation needs and practices. It is an extremely competitive role to get into.
Currently, there are only 992 positions for a Policy Manager across Australia with a common salary of $130k per year. However, you still have a chance. The Perfect Resume team has helped others to get into Consulting & Strategy careers and believe we can increase your chances with our resume writing services also!
To apply for a Policy Manager position, your resume will need to prove that you can direct the creation of new policies and strategic plans. Recruiters and prospective employers will also be looking for transferable skills in:
- Overseeing the process of policy and strategic plan creation.
- Developing and implementing policy research and analysis strategies.
- Overseeing and participating in the development of reports, documents, briefings and surveys.
- Providing consultation to government departments, board members and stakeholders.
- Advocating for political party members' interests.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders.
- Providing communications on behalf of a party member or organisation.
- Coordinating policy implementation and review.
- Establishing policy processes and accountabilities.
Due to the high volume of applications for a Policy Manager received every year, qualifications that would increase your chances of landing an interview include a bachelor or master degree majoring in political science or international relations.
The Perfect Resume Services
When applying for a Policy Manager position, your resume needs to tell a story about your skills, expertise, talents and passions and in a highly competitive job market, standing out matters!
The team of professional resume writers at The Perfect Resume are skilled in writing resumes for Policy Managers and have proven success in helping people land interviews and the job they want! We offer all job seekers a free resume review, ATS Scan, guides and templates and genuinely care about your career outcomes, partnering with you on your job search journey, following up and providing ongoing support. Your Professional Resume Writer will not let you feel like you are on your own!