Are you looking at becoming a Shotfirer? They prepare, position and detonate explosives to demolish buildings and structures or dislodge rocks and soil. The work is predominantly outdoors and underground.
Currently, there are only 99 positions for a Shotfirer across Australia with a common salary of $110K per year. While it is an extremely competitive role to get into, The Perfect Resume team has helped others to land an interview in the Mining, Resources & Energy industry. We believe we can increase your chances with our resume writing services also!
To apply for a Shotfirer position, your resume will need to prove to recruiters and prospective employers that you will have the following transferable skills:
- Establishing exclusion zones around blast areas to ensure the safety of people, animals, vehicles and surroundings.
- Checking all safety regulations have been followed.
- Using geological and blast design principles to assist in controlling detonation.
- Boring holes and checking their depths.
- Assessing the quantity of explosives needed for the blast and movement required.
- Inserting the detonators and charges into the bored holes.
- Testing the blasting circuit.
- Detonating the explosives.
Due to the high volume of applications for a Shotfirer received every year, qualifications that would increase your chances of landing an interview include a License and qualifications may vary depending on the industry you work in. You may also be required to pass a National Police Check in order to work with explosives.
The Perfect Resume Services
When applying for a Shotfirer position, your resume needs to tell a story about your skills, expertise, talents and passions and in a highly competitive job market, standing out matters!
The team of professional resume writers at The Perfect Resume are skilled in writing resumes for Shotfirers and have proven success in helping people land interviews and the job they want! We offer all job seekers a free resume review, ATS Scan, guides and templates and genuinely care about your career outcomes, partnering with you on your job search journey, following up and providing ongoing support. Your Professional Resume Writer will not let you feel like you are on your own!