The Perfect Pet Groomer Resume Writing Tips
Do you want to apply for a Pet Groomer position to help you get closer to your career goals? Applying for jobs on Seek, LinkedIn, and other job boards can be a time-consuming process, however, to streamline the process, you can ensure your resume writing helps you to stand out from the crowd, and your online profile helps you to get an interview!
If a recruiter or hiring manager are looking for a Pet Groomer, they are searching for specific transferable skills. With less than ten people being interviewed for the job and hundreds of people, just like you, applying, The Perfect Resume team have created Resume Writing Tips to help you stand out from the others.
What do recruiters look for in a Pet Groomer resume or an online profile?
Tailoring your resume to a Pet Groomer position is mandatory today to ensure that your application will pass Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS). In doing so, your resume will be read by the prospective employer. Then, fingers crossed, you will be shortlisted as a potential candidate and be called for not one, but multiple job interviews!
Firstly, before you apply to be a Pet Groomer, you need to be acquainted with what a Pet Groomer does!
Pet Groomers handle the grooming duties necessary to improve pets’ hygiene and enhance their physical appearance.
Hiring Managers are looking for a friendly Pet Groomer to assist in bathing, brushing, and drying pets, cleaning their teeth and ears, as well as trimming their nails and hair/fur.
To be successful as a Pet Groomer, you should have knowledge of necessary farming, animals, and conservation procedures, be open to learning, and have strong communication skills. Ultimately, a high performing Pet Groomer should be able to achieve a good rapport with pet owners and ensure that grooming tools and equipment are in good working condition.
Knowing this, your resume and online profile should include the hard and soft skills that the recruiter or hiring manager is looking for in a candidate.
The Pet Groomer position description template will also contain pivotal information about what the candidate will need to do daily. Such as:
• Dematting and detangling hair as required.
• Bathing, conditioning, and drying pets.
• Trimming pets’ nails, brushing their teeth, and cleaning their ears.
• Grooming and styling pets according to pet owners’ instructions or standard grooming styles.
• Accommodating special requests that pet owners may have.
• Identifying health issues in pets, such as ear infections, skin conditions, or tooth decay, and informing pet owners of these observations.
• Ensuring that all pets are safe during the grooming process.
• Routinely cleaning work areas.
• Recommending suitable products to pet owners.
You will also have some requirements and personal attributes that you will need to demonstrate in your resume to ensure your potential employer will take your application seriously, such as:
• Proven professional grooming experience.
• Sound understanding of animal behavior.
• The ability to stand for long periods of time.
• The ability to treat all animals with compassion.
• The ability to lift heavy pets and equipment.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Exceptional customer service skills.
You may also want to do some industry research to find out what other companies want in their Pet Groomers.