Are you looking at becoming an Engineer? They span many different disciplines, the main ones being chemical, civil, mechanical, electrical, mining and computer engineering. As an Engineer, you will be involved in inventing, designing, analysing, building, and testing machines, systems, structures and materials to fulfil objectives while considering the limitations imposed by practicality, regulation, safety and cost. You may work across industries such as construction, manufacturing, telecommunications, mining, food production or aeronautics.
Currently, there are only 2161 positions for an Engineer across Australia with a common salary of $130K per year. While it is an extremely competitive role to get into, The Perfect Resume team has helped others to land an interview in the Engineering industry. We believe we can increase your chances with our resume writing services also!
To apply for an Engineer position, your resume will need to prove to recruiters and prospective employers that you will have the following transferable skills:
- Selecting locations and planning operations (e.g. Selecting a mining site for the safe, efficient and environmentally sound extraction of minerals, ores, petroleum or natural gas).
- Researching and recommending materials (e.g. for use in manufacturing).
- Planning and supervising construction, installing, maintaining and inspecting anything from machines and buildings to software and electrical systems.
- As a Civil Engineer, you may be working on projects that design and build skyscrapers, roads, and dams.
- As an Aerospace Engineer, you may be designing aircraft or space shuttles and probes for deep-space exploration.
Due to the high volume of applications for an Engineer received every year, qualifications that would increase your chances of landing an interview include a Bachelor of Engineering with Honours, Master of Engineering Management or Graduate Certificate in Engineering Management if you are looking to progress into leadership positions.
The Perfect Resume Services
When applying for an Engineer position, your resume needs to tell a story about your skills, expertise, talents and passions and in a highly competitive job market, standing out matters!
The team of professional resume writers at The Perfect Resume are skilled in writing resumes for Engineers and have proven success in helping people land interviews and the job they want! We offer all job seekers a free resume review, ATS Scan, guides and templates and genuinely care about your career outcomes, partnering with you on your job search journey, following up and providing ongoing support. Your Professional Resume Writer will not let you feel like you are on your own!