Are you looking at becoming a Personal Carer? It is an extremely competitive role to get into, currently, there are only 2073 positions for a Personal Carer across Australia with a common salary of $50k per year. However, you still have a chance. The Perfect Resume team has helped others to get into the Community Services & Development industry and believe we can increase your chances with our resume writing services also!
To apply for a Personal Carer position, your resume will need to prove that you can carer for vulnerable individuals and provide help with daily tasks. Recruiters and prospective employers will also be looking for transferable skills in:
- Administering medication and helping with household tasks, to providing support with bathing, eating, drinking and dressing.
- Providing support with eating, drinking, bathing and dressing.
- Administering medication.
- Completing household tasks.
- Supporting clients to continue hobbies and activities.
- Transporting and accompanying clients to appointments.
- Filling out paperwork and acting as an advocate for the client wishes and best interests.
- Doing grocery shopping and preparing meals.
- Working with doctors and therapists to ensure adequate support is in place.
Due to the high volume of applications for a Personal Carer received every year, qualifications that would increase your chances of landing an interview include a Certificate III in Individual Support (CHC33015) or a Certificate IV in Disability (CHC43115). Also ensure you have a current police check, current First Aid Certificate and an unrestricted driversÂ‚Â'„Â licence.
The Perfect Resume Services
When applying for a Personal Carer position, your resume needs to tell a story about your skills, expertise, talents and passions and in a highly competitive job market, standing out matters!
The team of professional resume writers at The Perfect Resume are skilled in writing resumes for Personal Carers and have proven success in helping people land interviews and the job they want! We offer all job seekers a free resume review, ATS Scan, guides and templates and genuinely care about your career outcomes, partnering with you on your job search journey, following up and providing ongoing support. Your Professional Resume Writer will not let you feel like you are on your own!